Museum logo
Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number MG300
Object Name manuscript collection
Scope & Content photocopy; typescript

REMARKS:The Eden Lutheran Church, also known as the Elgarose Lutheran Church, was established ca. 1910 by Swedish immigrants and Swedish-heritage families from the American Midwest. The church merged with Faith Lutheran Church, Roseburg, in 1957. The church building was destroyed by fire in 1964.; This collection contains a photocopy of the parish register ca. 1930, a typed transcription of that register, and two narrative histories of the church. One, "History of the Eden Lutheran Church" [prepared in 1995], is by Patricia A. Holmquist Gerretsen, whose family were members of the church.
Creator Patricia A. Holmquist Gerretsen
Title Copies of Papers Concerning the Eden Lutheran Church (Elgarose, Oregon)
Collection ARCHIVES AND MANUSCRIPTS
Accession number L.995.60