Museum logo
Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 79.19.1
Object Name newspaper clipping
Scope & Content photographs

CREATOR:Roseburg NEWS-REVIEW

REMARKS:Collection of newspaper clippings, 1946-1948, concerning construction of the Roseburg Municipal Swimming Pool, located between Hamilton and South Jackson Street on the South side of Rose School. The pool was completed 1 September 1948. A children's wadking-pool was constructed at the same time in th emiddle of East Commercial Street. Articles also on the 25 August 1948 News-Review clipping mention the opening of two new sawmills in the Yoncalla area, and the need for re-engineering the West entrance to Roseburg via Military Road and Corey Avenue.; One undated clipping, probably 1961, contains an article about the opening of the Central Douglas YMCA building on Stewart Parkway.
Creator ROSEBURG NEWS-REVIEW
Title Newspaper Clippings Concerning the Roseburg Municipal Pool
Collection ARCHIVES AND MANUSCRIPTS
Accession number 79.19