|Object Name||manuscript collection|
|Scope & Content||
plans; memorandum; photocopy; invoice
REMARKS:Drawings for footings and general floor plans for the Dillard Depot, relocated to the DCM grounds. File also includes photocopies, memoranda, architects' proposals, minutes to meetings of the Museum Advisory Board, and other documents relating to the Dillard Depot and its relocation to the Museum grounds.; The Dillard Depot was constructed in 1882 as an Oregon and California [O & C] Railroad station. It was later the property of the Southern Pacific Railway, and ownership was transferred to Roseburg Lumber Company [later Roseburg Forest Products] in 1949, when it was used as an office. The Depot was moved to the Museum grounds in 1982, where it was renovated. It was opened in 1986 as a memorial to George B. Abdill, first Museum Director, who died in October 1982.
|Title||Dillard Depot plans and drawings|
|Collection||ARCHIVES AND MANUSCRIPTS|