Museum logo
Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number MG270-L.994.80.2
Object Name manuscript collection
Scope & Content correspondence; memorandum; ledger; invoice

CREATOR:Andrus and Hult Lumber ManufacturersüPaul B. Hult Lumber Company

REMARKS:Papers found in the Dillard Depot building when it was donated to the Douglas County Museum. These are incomplete business files for Andrus and Hult Lumber Manufacturing Company, a partnership established in January 1946 in Dillard, Oregon. Andrus & Hult was incorporated as a stock company in 1948, and the name was changed to Paul B. Hult Lumber Company in 1950.; These files generally cover subjects beginning with the letters "P" through "Z". The folder "Southern Pacific" includes copies of correspondence between Andrus & Hult and the Southern Pacific Railway, concerning leasing of properties adjacent to the Dillard Depot. According to Dorothy Frear Hult's oral history in the Museum's collection, the firm acquired the depot and used it as an office. Also according to Dorothy Frear Hult, Paul B. Hult died in 1970, and the Paul B. Hult Lumber Company was sold to Kenneth Ford of Roseburg Forest Products in 1972.; Some correspondence in the files also pertains to Trio Lumber Company and Douglas Manufacturing Company. Both of these firms are listed in the 1948 Roseburg City Directory in Room 209 of the Pacific Building. Elmer Hampton is listed as vice-president of Douglas Manufacturing, and also branch manager of Trio Lumber Company. Other firms, probably subsidiaries of Andrus and Hult, mentioned in correspondence are Dillard Veneer Company and Round Prairie Lumber Company.; The manuscript collection includes a ledger book containing entries for the establishment of Andrus and Hult by L.R. Andrus and Paul B. Hult, and business transactions from 1946 through 1948. Profit and loss statements and trial balances for the same time period are included, as are balance sheets for Paul B. Hult Lumber ca. 1952.
Title Papers of Andrus and Hult Lumber Company
Accession number L.994.80