|Object Name||manuscript collection|
|Scope & Content||
letters; bank account record book; trade card; minutes to meetings; index
REMARKS:The Douglas County Association of Portland was a group of former county residents whose purpose was "to preserve old friendships, keep fresh old acquaintance, and promote good fellowship among themselves." The Association held its first annual meeting at Sellwood Park, Portland, on Sunday, 23 June 1912.; The Association had a membership of 1,500 in 1914. The last meeting of the Association as an active organization was at Penninsula Park in Portland on Sunday, 18 July 1965, with 10 members present. Mrs. Bertha Lamb Davis was the only one of the original founders attending; she stated that she had missed only 2 meetings since the Association was organized. [Notes provided by Harold A. Minter].; The collection includes minutes to meetings, ca. 1912-1965, and correspondence to or from Harold A. Minter ca. 1965-67.; A one-page index/catalog of the collection is included with these records.
|Creator||Douglas County Association of Portland|
|Title||Miscellaneous Papers Concerning the Douglas County Association of Portland|
|Collection||ARCHIVES AND MANUSCRIPTS|